In today’s digital age, online platforms play a crucial role in connecting businesses with customers. For restaurants, being listed on popular food apps like Zomato can significantly enhance visibility and customer engagement. If you’re a restaurant owner looking to expand your reach, follow these steps to successfully register your restaurant on Zomato.
Introduction to Zomato
Zomato is a renowned online platform that connects food enthusiasts with local restaurants. By listing your restaurant, cafe or cloud kitchen on Zomato, you can increase your online presence and attract potential customers who are actively searching for dining options.
Step 1: Creating Your Zomato Account
- Visit the Zomato partner page by clicking here (https://www.zomato.com/partner-with-us)
- Then click on the Register your Restaurant button.
- You will be required to log in after you click on the button.
- You’ll need to provide basic information about your restaurant, including the name, location, contact details, and operational hours.
Step-2: Adding Restaurant Details
- Basic Information: Fill in additional details such as your restaurant’s seating capacity, whether it offers home delivery, and whether it’s a vegetarian or non-vegetarian establishment. These details help customers make informed decisions.
- Cuisine and Menu: Specify the cuisines your restaurant offers. Provide a comprehensive menu with item names, descriptions, and prices. Ensure that the menu accurately represents your offerings.
- Photos and Videos: Upload high-quality images of your restaurant’s interior, exterior, dishes, and ambience. Visual content adds authenticity to your listing and entices potential customers.
Step-3: Managing Reviews and Ratings
- Encouraging Positive Reviews: Positive reviews can significantly impact your restaurant’s reputation. Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on Zomato. Offer incentives like discounts to motivate them.
- Responding to Feedback: Address both positive and negative reviews professionally. Responding to feedback shows that you value your customer’s opinions and are committed to improving their experience.
Step-4: Promoting Special Offers
Utilize Zomato’s feature to showcase special offers, discounts, or promotions your restaurant is running. These incentives can attract new customers and encourage repeat visits.
- Shop license
- Restaurant registration paperwork
- GST number
- PAN Details
- FSSAI (Food Safety License)
Before applying for Zomato restaurant registration or to partner with Zomato, the restaurant should acquire the following.
- To be deemed as a business entity in India, Private Limited Registration, Partnership, Proprietorship or LLP Registration is required.
- An FSSAI Registration or License According to the business turnover or business size and nature.
- Shop Act License and GST Registration in India.
Things to keep in mind
- On every order placed through Zomato’s online ordering platform, you are responsible for paying a commission of 17–25%.
- In order to make sure everything is reflected correctly, you must regularly keep track of the menu and price information.
- The ability to create your own API link with your restaurant’s point of sale (POS) system and online order channels is another incredible feature that allows you to always be aware of the status of all of your orders.
Registering your restaurant on Zomato and Swiggy can be a game-changer for your business. It opens doors to a wider audience and allows you to connect with potential customers actively seeking dining options. By providing accurate information, engaging visuals, and actively managing reviews, you can create a compelling online presence that drives customer interest and loyalty.